[TenTec] Still no luck with 450 Shure hookup.Help

OTAKEBI at aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Sun Jul 2 21:51:20 EDT 2006

I got a hold of a data sheet on the Shure web page.
Wired it up this way from the information provided.
White cable lead which is hot conductor for mic to pin #1 of Corsair.
Green lead (ground) and shield to pin #2 of Corsair.
Shure says Green lead and Shield are to be connected to ground.
Now I am left with two leads a Red and a Black.
According to Shure the Red and Black leads control an external relay.
I connected the Red lead of the mic to pin #3 of the Corsair.
I hit the mic key and the radio did not trip into transmit.
I changed the Red lead for the Black and left Black off.
I hit the key on the mic and no relay trip in radio.
Now I am thinking that maybe the red lead needs to be on pin #3 and the
black lead has to go to the same pin on the mic plug as the green and shield so
that the relay on the radio trips.
Has anyone on the list hooked up one of these before?
I understand this mic is the upgrade to the Shure 444.
They should wire up the same as to those red and black wires.
Waiting and thankful for any help.
Dan/N4VET