[TenTec] Temporarily disabling Argonaut V transmitter

Dmitriy Mayorov dmitrym at dimview.org
Sat Jul 1 16:37:29 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to temporarily turn off Argonaut V
transmitter while keeping the keyer on.  I'd like to practice sending
CW using its built-in keyer and don't want to transmit garbage.

I can turn the power all the way down, connect a dummy load instead
of an antenna, and hope that nobody hears me, or even open up the
radio and add a switch somewhere, but hopefully there is a better
way.  Couldn't find it in the manual, though, and Ten-Tec support did
not answer either.

I saw the same question being asked before, e.g. http://
groups.yahoo.com/group/Ten-Tec516/message/2066, but not the answer.

Thanks!