[TenTec] Ham Radio

Martin Ewing ewing at ewing.homedns.org
Thu Jul 6 15:24:26 EDT 2006

John Vickers wrote:
> Now you're talking Barry. Leave the mic connector off--- or at most--- just
> enough audio circuit to use only in emergiences.  Ole CW guys already sound
> "purty enuff" without all that EQ & stuff !
> 73, John WA4TT

Yeah, I was thinking about the mic connector.  Why not just replace it
with a Bluetooth transceiver?  Probably cheaper than the normal mic
circuit + ADC.  Use your favorite BT headset, your cell phone, or what
have you for the audio.  A natural for the digital audio link to your
CPU, also.

Most of all, no chance to blow it by plugging in a mono headset or your
CW key by mistake!

I do think the Orion III should have the red dot, however. ;-)

73 Martin AA6E