[TenTec] 961 power supply question ...

William Lee n5wrx at stx.rr.com
Fri Jul 7 17:54:27 EDT 2006

I am using a 961 power supply to power my Pegasus radio.
When I use full output power it sometimes trips the power supply on a
voice peak.
Since the antenna is less than 1.5 SWR I doubt it is because of that.
Cutting the power back to about 95 watts cures the problem.
I suspect that the limiter in the power supply is set a bit to low.
I have bought two Ten Tec radios in the last few months and both came
with a 961 power supply but no manual.
Is there a current limiter adjustment in the power supply or is it
fixed?

William Lee  N5WRX