[TenTec] SDR-1000

Harry Reed doon at infoscientific.com
Wed Jul 12 11:46:59 EDT 2006

>Anyway, I am curious how many would-be Orion buyers have been put off by
>the Orion firmware history.  TT should be curious, too.

Well, At least one - me and my XYL. We were originally thinking of purchasing the Orion
"Classic" for *her* birthday :) but waited to see if TT would fix some of the rather nasty
software bugs first. Orion I EOL'd and Orion II came out - with a whole new set of bugs.
XYL - who is a HAM and a Computer Scientist - said "they can't even get their own
software right. You're not spending our money on that piece of ... They need to get
Doug Smith back."

There you have it. At least one sale lost....

73
Harry Reed, AB7YF