[TenTec] Paragon memory loss ...

Chas Nagel cnagel at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 12 21:47:23 EDT 2006

I don't have my Paragon anymore but my advice is never use an Alkaline battery in the Paragon. If it blows you will have a mess. If your rechargeable battery is not lasting longer than overnight you probably have something else wrong.

  Charles, K0CW

William Lee <n5wrx at stx.rr.com> wrote:

I normally leave the power supply on but the other day it was off overnight
and the Paragon lost its memory.
I replaced the 9v nicad battery and left it on all day to charge.
Still drains the battery overnight.
The manual says either nicad or alkaline can be used.
If I install an alkaline battery do I need to turn off the nicad charger
somehow?

William Lee N5WRX