[TenTec] This and That!

Vic Klein vhklein at ptd.net
Wed Jul 12 23:08:32 EDT 2006

While I do not have an Orion (still amazed and happy with my Paragon and
Triton), I can appreciate the frustration of those that have these new
radios. While not a Ten Tec, I have another top-end rig that I am in the 3rd
generation of and, while it keeps getting better with each update, it still
crashes, locks up, or fails to perform some needed function from time to
time. Havings spent thousands of dollars to be at the cutting edge, it is
quite frustrating and the manufacturer is totally worthless in providing any
help. In fact, when I go back to try and use an older release and ask for
help, I am bluntly told that it will not be supported. Still, I continue to
use Windows and grumble away, though my slide rule never gave me these
issues.

With the great Ten Tec hamfest coming up soon, why not petition an "Orion
Owners Forum" to be held the Friday afternoon before the 'fest and ask for
all the key people to be present in a roundtable discussion? My experiences
with Ten Tec over more than 30 years has been extremely pleasant and
rewarding, much more so than with the current competitors (Drake used to be
good too, alas). They might entertain such a suggestion.

=Vic=
WA4THR