[TenTec] SDR-1000

Charles Greene crgreene at cox.net
Thu Jul 13 09:00:19 EDT 2006

Guys,

My 2 cents.  Actually, the SDR-1000 competes with the K2,  OMNI-VI,
and similar radios in its price class.  It is about equal in
performance, some things a little better, some not as good.  I have a
K2/100 and an OMNI-VI as well as a SDR-1000 and I have compared them
A to B.  The SDR-X is being designed  to compete with the top of the
line models like the Orion, IC7800 etc, and will be priced
accordingly.  The SDR-1000 hardware imposes some limitations like
full QSK that all the software in the world will not fix.  No so for
the SDR-X.  The SDR-X probably will be have startup software not too
far removed from the SDR-1000, but will go up from there.

73,  Chas W1CG