[TenTec] SDR1000 and sound cards

Keith Bainbridge vk6xh at arach.net.au
Fri Jul 14 00:29:27 EDT 2006

Just to point out the SDR isnt tied indefinately to one of two prefered
sound cards at all.
The Delta 44 and the Firebox are the preferred units at present, but
there is a huge new project well on the way called HPSDR, High
performance SDR.
The amateurs involved in the project are developing a replacement for
the sound card in the pc and its a dedicated amateur radio unit, not a
spin off from Hi fi audio.
I suggest you have a look at the HPSDR wiki page and see just how far
things have progressed and how much can be achieved.
I believe the future of radio is SDR  but there will always be a place
for analogue radios and TenTec make the best ones !!
Now my question, What is the best combination of filters to install in
my Omni VI opt 3 for SSB use only. All suggestions and offers of filters
will be considered !!
Vy 73
Keith

--
Keith Bainbridge
VK6XH & VK6DXR

Vice-President    Northern Corridor Radio Group    (  VK6ANC )
Amsat NA 35338
TenTec Omni VI, FlexRadio SDR 1000 , 5 Band Spiderbeam.
Wireless Institute of Australia
Previous calls include VK6DXC, VK6BRK,G6HHV, G0HEI & G1GHZ

You're just jealous 'cos the voices only speak to me.........

http:/www.qrz.com/vk6xh