[TenTec] Ten-Tec PA design

Roy Koeppe royanjoy at ncn.net
Fri Jul 14 17:52:40 EDT 2006

About,

"ALC circuitry!! Just a couple days ago I was told there was NO ALC
circuitry in the Orion. Just after I'd pointed out that ALC could lead
to faster rise times and a sharp transition from rise to level that
could contribute to key clicks...(etc.)"

Whoa,

I said the Orion has no ALC input jack and no 'specific' ALC 'level'
control to adjust, as in 'on a meter' like for example is used on a
TS-930 or a TS-940 or a TS-950. With those rigs you set a discreet ALC
level, independent from a power output adjustment control. Hence, you
could improperly adjust their ALC levels and operation even with a
proper output level from their PAs.

73,   Roy    K6XK