[TenTec] Orion Fuses = ATM-15 (not ATC-15)

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jul 14 20:59:57 EDT 2006

I wrote:

 >P.S.  Before anyone else runs to their local Advance
Auto Parts store and buys Buss ATC 15A fuses, that is
the wrong size for Orion.  I'll take mine back and
exchange them for the smaller size Orion uses.  BTW
cost was $2.44 including tax for 5.

         The correct fuse is Buss ATM-15 and the price for
5 was $2.68 including tax.  Running 100W into a dummy
load draws ~17.5A according to the meter in my RS-35M
but does not blow the fuse per K0CQ's 125% suggestion.  At
my normal drive power of 70W to an amp the RS-35M meter
reads about 14A.  This seems like a reasonable solution
to those who may not want to go the Air Pax route.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV