[TenTec] SDR 1000 vs Orion vs SDR-X

CATFISHTWO at aol.com CATFISHTWO at aol.com
Sun Jul 16 14:05:54 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/16/2006 9:37:30 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
nq5t at comcast.net writes:

>  <<<Unfortunately, many of the old die hard amateurs do not
>  like to see such a rapidly evolving technology environment.
> It scares  them.>>>
>
> No, from what I can tell, they just don't  like having their
> golden rig, that was supposed to be the rig to end  all rigs,
> surpassed so soon, and by another company at that.

Why is it these discussions always manage to come down to some smart  remark
about young (and bright, smart, and eager, and not afraid) versus  old
(stodgy, stupid, fearful, and still waiting for Elvis to come out  of
hiding)?

once again, the reflector is off on a tangent, talking about personalities,
age and preferences,  and not Ten Tec radio.

new or old, ssb or cw, sdr or O II it does not matter, its always, about  the
"They"...   if you don't do it  ( what ever it is ) my way  then They are to
old, to young to smart, to stupid , to tall, to short, or  something because "
I " do  " IT " this way which is the right way, better  or the way a Real ham
does it.. If you do "IT" your way, it shows your lack of  ability, bla bla
bla..

I have new designs and rigs from the 40's in my shack, they all do what  they
were designed for quite well. they are all designed with a different
emphasis in mind.

 My Collins 75 A 4 does not transmit worth beans, in fact it has never
transmitted , its a receiver, so when I compare it with my scout the scout is a
much better transceiver..  go figure. that's the way I feel on this  reflector.
I believe it is the Ten Tec reflector, not the SDR reflector, not the  Orion
reflector, but the Ten Tec reflector.

So here is a question , has any one found a way to put the scout on 60
meters??

tom N6AJR