[TenTec] How handle DUST?

Gregory J. Knapp gknapp at freshrain.org
Mon Jul 17 01:57:57 EDT 2006

I need some advice on something that is pretty basic.

I have a new Orion, but find the dust buildup on the outside of the black
case really shows up.

How do you handle the dust buildup on your Orion (same goes for the
Centurion, but it isn't on very often)!

I have my Orion turned on and listening most of the day (6:30 a.m. until
11:00 p.m.), so a dust cover wouldn't help much (it would cover it only
about 7 hours a day).

Do you just wipe it off every few days with a damp cloth? How do you dust
and yet preserve the surface of the case (over time) and not drag the dust
into all the slots?

Any ideas?

Greg, N6GK