[TenTec] Is Orion really worth it? Given the published problems?

Kc9cdt at aol.com Kc9cdt at aol.com
Mon Jul 17 12:21:01 EDT 2006

Wil,
I had an Orion and now I have an OII.
The Orions are great radios!
The Hardware aspect of Orion is super. Especially the RX.
I especially like the panel layout and the 'LACK' of many levels of nested
menu's with lot's of abbreviations like some other high end radios.

However I assure you there is a few major issues with the firmware... See
Ron's (in his e-mail) website for documentation of most of them. Most are in DSP
for SP, NB, NR and AN.

We are hoping that TT resolves them in time as some are a major problem to
some of us that have been involved since day one of Orion and have been through
many versions of firmware.

73,
Lee, KC9CDT