[TenTec] Solid State Amps

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Mon Jul 17 23:03:45 EDT 2006

Tom:  Those some of the many good reasons for no-tune/auto-tune amps.
Contesters, DX'ers who hop band-to-band, even casual operators who just want
to "point and shoot", making the amp a true extension of the transceiver.

A growing trend is remote operation due to oppressive CC&R's, local tower
regulations and litigious neighbors.  Lots of all of those here in CA!  Hams
are starting to rent small chunks of farm land, put up a tower and container
or small building.  Containers are cheap and secure, and can be purchased
with air conditioning, fans, lights, power wiring and connections, roll-up
doors and much more.  They reduce RFI problems and can be made relatively
lightning-proof.

TT has experience in SS amps, and I would love to see them come out with a
state of the art product.  The Japanese have never come close to Americans
when it comes to amplifiers.  Great names like Collins, Drake, Heath, Ten
Tec, ETO/Alpha, BTI, Amp Supply, Henry, Dentron, Swan and others I have
forgotten, always had the 'big iron' the JA's could never duplicate!

Ron Castro
Chief Technical Officer
Results Radio, LLC