[TenTec] What version?

Ralph Matheny mathenyr at marietta.edu
Tue Jul 18 11:05:51 EDT 2006

I use the 1.372.  It is because of user comments that I didn't upgrade.
I firmly believe that either version will work quite well, but the changes
which were made in the V2 firmware seem to require one to re-learn the
radio.  I do suffer some crashes with the version I am running.  I just
could not see that there was enough advantage to the V2 to justify the
connection of the computer to the radio!

I'd really like to have a V1 firmware that does not crash, hangup on
power adjust at times, and hang up the XIT/RIT functions every once in
a while.

Still--it's a great radio.  Just a work in progress, and the progress
seems slow at times.

Ralph Matheny
K8RYU
207 Gibbons Place