[TenTec] Triton IV filter

Harry N. Coates WA8HC at charter.net
Tue Jul 25 22:52:20 EDT 2006

Barry,

The 2.7Khz filter in your 544 is truly an interesting bit of information..  Must have been modified by someone..

I found out how the filter in my 540 was used when it went bad and TT sent me a new board..

I see Inrad does make a 2.8Khz unit for the Triton IV along with many other choices.. I have Inrad 2.8's in both IF's of my Omni VI, they're great IMHO..

I'm really not sure how cost effective a $115 optional crystal filter would be in a $200 radio..
The active op-amp audio filters did a good job for CW as I remember.. But, everyone to thier own thing..

Harry N. Coates
Comstock Park, MI
WA8HC at charter.net