[TenTec] "Being a Contrarian . . ."

K4IA at aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Mon Jul 31 18:44:27 EDT 2006

I thought the QST article was really unfair.  Most QST reviews are so
gooey-gushy positive you have to read between the lines to get a hint of the  truth.
 This article was out of character in that it emphasized the  negative and
sniped about a lot of picky issues. You had to read between  the lines to get to
the truth but the overall feeling was very negative.

Why did they need to devote two paragraphs to a software issue that had
already been fixed?

Why the comment about "No hint of ALC function or measurement?"  As  someone
else posted, "Did TT forget to install the LED?"  Obviously  not.

I don't agree that the sweep has no practical value.  I find it  very useful.
 The metering is as good as any I have seen.  Who relies  on the S meter
anyway?  It is all relative.

Complaints about the multi-knob are matched by complaints about the 98
buttons on the YaeComWoods.  In other words, "You can't win."

I like my Orion.  I would recommend it to anyone.  I don't like  the NR after
1.371 but that's my tough luck.  Maybe it will get  fixed.  In the meantime,
I'm enjoying the radio.  I read all QST  reviews with a large bucket of salt.
Suggest others do the  same.

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA