[TenTec] Omni-VI+ Phase Noise and INRAD roofing filter mod?

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jun 2 20:53:51 EDT 2006

 >  Also, Orion's phase
 > noise does not degrade appreciably at closer
 > spacings compared to Omni.  (see figure 2-b on
 > page 5 below.  I suspect Corsair also degrades
 > more at very close spacings than Omni but do
 > not have any measurements.

N9DG:
I highly doubt that is the case. I suspect that the Corsair
holds up better as you get closer. From what I can tell the
first radio that can truly match (I think may even exceed) a
non synthesized LO for phase noise performance is the Orion.

         I completely agree.  I meant to say "than
Orion" in my last sentence above but didn't catch it.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV