[TenTec] Non-digital Ten-Tec transceivers

Ed w3nr at comcast.net
Sat Jun 10 18:04:07 EDT 2006

Ken Brown wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm toying with the idea of getting a "non digital" rig. I'd like to
> have most of the capability of an Omni VI without any PLLs. Just
> crystals and a PTO. I don't care if it can operate in any modes other
> than CW. I don't think I'd be satisfied with a direct conversion
> receiver. What Ten-Tec rigs would fill these requirements?
>
> Ken N6KB

Hands down, without a second thought. Omni-A. I had one and without
question was probably one of the best if not the best receiver TT made.
I did the CW mod as suggested by Steve N4LQ and the improvement was
remarkable. Do yourself a favor, find one and try it out. I'll bet you
will be amazed at how well it performs.  73

Ed W3NR