[TenTec] Kudos to K8DJ, a Good Guy+++ [tm]

Gene A. Williamson genewill at ordata.com
Sat Jun 10 18:09:04 EDT 2006

   Last week I bought an Omni VI Opt. 3 from Don Dobbin, K8DJ, at a fine
price, considering it was fully filtered. When it arrived, the N-1
filter position was inoperative, as there was no filter installed.

   I fired off a somewhat nasty email, saying I'd bought a "fully
filtered" rig, except it wasn't, and hadn't I paid $60 too much?

   Immediately I got an email back from Don, saying he had a number of
filters there, which one was missing, he'd get it in the mail to me.
Which he is doing, Monday.

   Shazaam! That's the way ham radio used to work, and a perfect example
of why I buy used gear from SIGs instead of e*** and the like.

   Thank you again, Don. You make me proud to be a ham.

73 Gene N7YW
99.44% CW since 1958 (ex-K7DBV)