[TenTec] Omni 6+ arrives

Andy Bullington abullington at comcast.net
Tue Jun 13 20:48:16 EDT 2006

My Omni 6+ arrived today and what a beauty. Many thanks to Don K8DJ for a
great radio quickly shipped and perfectly packed. This is more radio than I
expected....vastly more flexible than my Omni V and the noise reduction is
amazing.
    I do have one question. When I was researching this radio, I ran across
a simple mod (removing one mass term connector I think) to eliminate the
sidetone click in headphones. Now, of course, I can't find mention of this
anywhere. Anybody know what I'm talking about? I'd love to do this because
I'm about 98% CW with headphones on. Thanks.
                                  Andy W1AWB