[TenTec] Sennheiser HD 202 w/ handi cable clip

wa3fiy at radioadv.com wa3fiy at radioadv.com
Fri Jun 16 09:14:09 EDT 2006

The Sennheisers may be more sensitive than the Radio Shack Titaniums or
the impedance of the Sennheisers may be lower causing more power to be
delivered at the same VOLTAGE output at the headphone jack.  An easy
test would be to insert several hundred ohms in series with each channel of
the Sennheisers and see what happens.

 I have a rather severe hearing loss and still need to add in the range of
200 to 400 ohms in series with my low impedance headphones.  I just put
1/4 watt resistors in the phone plug.

The ideal situation as I see it is to have sufficient headphone
attenuation such that when operating the receiver at a volume level near
distortion, the sound in the headphones is just at the edge of being
uncomfortably loud.  This will reduce low level audio noise, clicks, pops
and all that other stuff and as a bonus, will prevent accidental dangerously
loud audio blast.

73,

-Lee-