[TenTec] Argosy 1: birdy

D. Kemp nn8b at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 18 19:26:46 EDT 2006

Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 12:35:38 -0400
From: "Mike Hyder  -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT at charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy I: birdy

Can you hear the birdy with a resonant antenna
connected to the Argosy?
If
so, is it strong enough to override a very weak
signal?

Mike N4NT

Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 12:40:27 -0400
From: Ed <w3nr at comcast.net>

As do all TT rigs thru the Corsair II. TT's advice,
"don't operate on
21.320".

Ed W3NR

Mike and Ed.

On a tuned antenna it is not a strong birdy. The notch
is effective for ssb and would work on cw if the cw
tone is different. A weak cw sig right on the birdy
freq may be rough to copy, but it would be easy to
offset the reciever slightly and use the notch.

I learned something else about TT rigs. Thanks Ed for
the info. I checked my C21 and it also has a birdy at
the same freq but it's much louder than the Argosy.
Is it the 9 mhz IF, or what causes it?

73,

Don, nn8b