[TenTec] Triton IV

John T. Fleming W3GQJ at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 19 15:58:59 EDT 2006

Our radio club has a Triton IV.  I want to propose selling the rig.  It is a
Triton IV with external digital display and speech processor/power supply.
When I tried using the speech processor with the hand held mike I had a
squealing problem.  It worked OK plugged into the rig.  I asked for a
comparison between rigs and the people I talked to said they saw no change.
I switched from the Triton IV to the Orion I!  (So much for all that money.
:-[)  I rebuilt the PTO last spring.  I talked to Stan Brock and he said it
should bring about $300.  Is there any interest?  We have a club meeting
tomorrow evening and I want to present it to the members.  The rig was
donated to the club by a former member.

When we operate for field day or other events, we have always been using
more modern rigs.  This year we will be using an Orion for one of the
stations.

Please reply off line.  W3GQJ at earthlink dot net

73,
John
           <\