[TenTec] MY_ORION&O2_RF_IN_MIC-PROBLEM_SOLVED!!

John Nason jmnason at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 11:53:52 EST 2006

I had a similar problem with my Bose headphones
(bought new when the Orion 2 came).  Very bad
distortion, while transmitting, in the headphones on
all bands above 10m.  No problems when listening on
the speaker but horrible on the headphones.

No problem when I transmitted into a dummy load.  So
it was antenna RF in the headphones.  Four wraps of
the headphone cable on a ferrite bead solved it.

73,
John NA9U