[TenTec] NR - Fact or Fiction?

K4IA@aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 17:22:17 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/2/2006 5:09:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
nq5t at comcast.net writes:

I've  found
that if I can't copy the signal without NR, I can't copy it with NR  --

Just last night I was working a guy who I could not copy with the NR  off.  I
tried adjusting the RF gain (which doesn't do anything in 1.371),  adjusting
the AGC, adjusting the bandwidth - nothing would bring him out of the  mud.
Hit the NR (setting 3) and in about 2 seconds he was Q5.

And which would you rather listen to?  A radio that has a quiet  background
or one that is hissing at you when there are no signals or between  signals?

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA