[TenTec] Gotta clear my name...

Paul - W8KC w8kc at comcast.net
Wed Mar 1 22:52:48 EST 2006

Yesterday on our TT reflector we had a post from a fellow ham looking for "a
copy" of the Century 21 manual.

Our friend said he found a link to a PDF copy of the analog C21 but, "not
been successful in finding the digital version."

Now I appologize because I obviously read it wrong.  To me, it sure read
like he was looking to download "a copy" of the manual.  Nowhere in the post
was an offer to purchase someone's spare C21 manual.

I responded with a post that had ALL references (email addy & name) of the
ham who wrote the email removed, and was written IN GENERAL to all reflector
readers, not specifically to the author.  Unfortunately for me, I used the
word "you" two times, when I really should have used the word, "we."  It was
in no way meant to be mean spirited.  I'm really sorry if it came across
that way.

My post was intended to remind everyone on the reflector that Ten*Tec is
still in business.  Ten*Tec still sell these manuals which are copywriten
and legally should not be copied and sold, or digitized and put on the
Internet.

Then I put my usual disclaimer that it's only my opinion and my takeoff on
the automobile's "Your mileage many vary" to "your morals may vary."  A LOT
of hams have no problem copying manuals, software, whatever.  Their morals
DO vary from mine and I'd hope from a lot of YOU folks, too.

I trust you guys know me enough to know I'm not some jerk just popping off.
You know what I do for the Ten*Tec community and my fellow hams.  The
Virtual Museum gets dozens of "hits" each day and my Omni VI audio stream
sometimes get hundreds of listeners in a day.  Almost every day I get an
email from a visitor to the Virtual TT Museum who asks me if I can send them
a Xerox of a manual or instructions to a Ten*Tec product.  I always point
them right back down to Sevierville to Scott and Stan at sale at tentec.com.  I
hope you all will too.

Thanks for the time.

73! =paul= W8KC -- Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc/tentec.html
Listen to 7.040 MHz from anywhere with Media Player v10
http://www.w8kc.com/stream.htm