[TenTec] Orion 2.055 problem?

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Sun Mar 5 00:54:58 EST 2006

Yes...we've had quite a string on that involving 2.031 on the O2.  The new
firmware made what may have been a latent problem show up.  The max voltage
you're supposed to use with the QSK TX Out is 15, supplied by the amp.  The
TX Out simply pulls low.  TT's Titan 425 uses 24 Volts on that circuit, and
for some reason, something that changed on the new O2 upload made the radio
not want to work right with it.  I may build an external switch using a
couple of NPN's one driving the other if I get the time, unless I hear a
better solution.  I have reported my findings to TT.

Ron
N6AHA