[TenTec] Orion CW keying with v 2.054 & 2.055 using Acom 2000

Kc9cdt@aol.com Kc9cdt at aol.com
Sun Mar 5 09:43:51 EST 2006

I think I know what's wrong...
Maybe...

I noticed with OII and my Alpha 91b that if I watch the power output LEDs
that there is a very short duration spike in the power when the TX goes on off.
If I just key the Mic and don't say anything I see this spike. This happens
when the 91b is in standby or the 91b is in operate.

Maybe this pulse is causing a surge that causes the arc?

Also, I certainly have the bug that occasionally the OII must be powered
off/on to reset the key loop circuit (like others have reported)

Lee