[TenTec] Xmit VFO A/B switching glitch or by design - Orion II

BobK8IA@aol.com BobK8IA at aol.com
Mon Mar 6 10:32:42 EST 2006

Question from a new Orion II owner.

Over the weekend, in ARRL DX SSB contest, I noticed that to go from Xmit VFO
A to Xmit VFO B I first had to completely defeat A and then activate B. If,
for example,  the radio was transmitting uising VFO A I would have to do the
following to get xmtr on VFO B;
1. Push VFO A button (NO VFO lights show now....ie xmit is defeated for both)
2. Push VFO B button, (lighting up that button)

If I just pushed the VFO B button (without defeating A), B would light up but
the xmtr would still be on VFO A. This doesnt seem right. It sure caused me
some head scratching (let alone unanswered calls and making me look like a lid
via transmitting on the wrong frequency, hi) until I figured it out.

This a glitch with the radio design or just my radio?

TNX!!!

73, Bob K8IA