[TenTec] Orion 1 SWR Indication When Driving an Amplifier

Lin Davis linbdavis at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 6 21:38:53 EST 2006

Hi Bob,

I noticed that sometimes I would see something other than 1.0:1 even after
adjusting my external antenna tuner for a perfect match (according to the tuner
built-in SWR meter) I just ignored it, but I think this must be the same thing
you are seeing. I suppose one possible source could be that there is are
reflections occurring on the internal cable and/or PCB trace because the
connectors used introduce slight mismatches. I had the cover off my O2 once, but
I don't remember what kind of cable or connectors were used internally.

73,
Lin
WB1AIW