[TenTec] 253 Tuner ---

Glassrus glassrus at houston.rr.com
Wed Mar 8 02:48:29 EST 2006

Not to belabor this, or to start a flame war, I believe it is improper to
accuse Mike of dishonesty. An offer was freely made and accepted. It is the
responsibility of the seller to asses the value of the object he wishes to
sell BEFORE he offers it for sale.

If someone listed an Omni VI on the reflector for $1500, and I accepted the
offer, would I be "honest" if I then told the seller that I decided not to
buy it because I found out it was overpriced? I don't think so. I could ask
to be released from the contract, but that would be at the seller's
discretion, and if he declined I would have to honor my obligation.

Harry is wrong to withdraw the offer. He could ask to be released from the
contract, explaining that he wasn't aware of the true value of the object,
but this would be at the discretion of the buyer, who again could decline
the request and insist on the fulfillment of the contract.

I can condemn Mr. Coats for "his reconsidering the "fair market value" of
his TenTec 253 tuner". The time for that consideration was before the sale.
He merely "reconsidered" when he saw how quickly multiple people responded,
and thought he could make a few more bucks.

To instead condemn Mike for "trying to take advantage of someone in the dark
about its value!" is displaced and sad.

I hope Mr. Coats does the proper thing. I hope he decides that his integrity
and reputation are worth more than three hundred dollars.

Paul N8NOV

>An honest man would have known it was worth much more and not tried to
take advantage of someone in the dark about its value! I cannot condemn
Harry Coates one bit of his reconsidering the "fair market value" of his
TenTec 253 tuner. Come on guys. You and I both know we have seen these go
for close to a $1000 on this thread as well as other areas of the
Internet. --- Good Luck Harry!

Jim --- N8LUV