[TenTec] 253 Tuner ---

Joe Malloy jmalloy at stny.rr.com
Wed Mar 8 09:48:24 EST 2006

Barry Gross wrote:

>On 3/8/06, Mike Hyder -N4NT- <mike_n4nt at charter.net> wrote:
>

>>My concern is that even among thieves there is said to be honor.  Should
>>we
>>not be even better than that?

It seems to me to have been an honest mistake -- for whatever reason it
happened -- and the seller should have a right, when he learns of his
error, to say so.  I'd give the original bidder something like $100 (on
the 253) off, perhaps, but even that's not necessary.  I mean, I'd be
really ticked (at meself) for selling at the original price and then
having the person who buys it "flip it" -- resell it for what it's worth
-- and net a cool $300 for just handling a transaction (please note: I'm
not suggesting the original buyer was going to do that, I'm just
speculating).  After all, we all know that major stores are "not
responsible for errors" -- usually of *any* kind -- in advertising.

Well, that's my $0.02 worth...

73,

Joe, W2RBA