[TenTec] OMNI VI vs. Jupiter

junque junque2 at direcway.com
Thu Mar 9 09:22:42 EST 2006

Gentlemen,
After enjoying TT equipment for the past 30 years, but not being
endowed with a sufficient income to purchase new equipment, I am the
happy recipent of an inherited OMNI VI/opt1 transceiver.  I still can
not afford to purchase an Orion (and after reading the list for the
past month, I'm not sure I would want to!) but I would like to have
something that includes general coverage receive.  So my question is
this:  Is the Jupiter a good buy compared to the OMNI, and how does
the main receiver on the Jupiter compare with the OMNI VI?  I like
the OMNI VI, but we live in a computer world and computer control is
better with the Jupiter than the OMNI.  I could possibly sell the
OMNI and my other rigs to purchase a Jupiter. But would YOU sell an
OMNI to purchase a Jupiter?  That's my question.  Oh, BTW, I am not
an avid CWer, nor a contester... but I do have discriminating tastes
when it comes to listening to weak signals.  I listen more than talk.
Bill