[TenTec] OMNI VI vs. Jupiter

Mike Brown k9mi_michael at excite.com
Thu Mar 9 09:49:03 EST 2006

I called Ten Tec when I had an Omni 5, and it was
my intent was to trade it in on a Jupiter. I was told
by one of the Ten Tec staff that I would be happier
if I kept what I had. I'm sure the Jupiter is a good
radio. But this did happen.

73, Mike K9MI

--- On Thu 03/09, junque < junque2 at direcway.com > wrote:From: junque [mailto: junque2 at direcway.com]To: tentec at contesting.comDate: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 09:22:42 -0500Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI vs. JupiterGentlemen,
After enjoying TT equipment for the past 30 years, but not being
endowed with a sufficient income to purchase new equipment, I am the
happy recipent of an inherited OMNI VI/opt1 transceiver. I still can
not afford to purchase an Orion (and after reading the list for the
past month, I'm not sure I would want to!) but I would like to have
something that includes general coverage receive. So my question is
this: Is the Jupiter a good buy compared to the OMNI, and how does
the main receiver on the Jupiter compare with the OMNI VI? I like
the OMNI VI, but we live in a computer world and computer control is
better with the Jupiter than the OMNI. I could possibly sell the
OMNI and my other rigs to purchase a Jupiter. But would YOU sell an
OMNI to purchase a Jupiter? That's my question. Oh, BTW, I am not
an avid CWer, nor a contester... but I do have discriminating tastes
when it comes to listening to weak signals. I listen more than talk.
Bill