[TenTec] OMNI VI vs. Jupiter

OTAKEBI at aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Thu Mar 9 21:48:10 EST 2006

I have a Ten Tec Corsair II and an OMNI V.
They do all I need and more.
Both rigs have all the filters.
DSP units are on both made by Timewave.
The Jupiter and Orion are great rigs if you like to load programs.
And, if you like to ship radios to Ten Tec for repair.
You will not be able to fix those rigs at home.
Most techs won't touch them and will refer you to Ten Tec.
They are the only people that have the service manuals.
The same is true of any Ten Tec after the Paragon, as to service  manuals,
but they can be fixed by the use of basic electronic theory and  test equipment
most good techs have.
Therefore, If you buy a Jupiter or Orion have another rig as a backup for
the short period of time it will be at Ten Tec for repair.
As with all of the Ten Tec line repair is fast and help is always  provided.
Now, if Ten Tec could only buy out FedX or UPS or, do like the Rolls  company
and make a service call anywhere in the world, we could all feel  safe in
owning something we can't fix on our own.
Dan/N4VET