[TenTec] Sweep on OII

CATFISHTWO at aol.com CATFISHTWO at aol.com
Sun Mar 12 00:17:59 EST 2006

I have been following this thread for a while now and I must say that even
thought I did own a 756, and still own a 746 pro and the Orion, among others I
think I have actually turned the sweep on maybe a dozen times, mostly to see
how  it worked.  I virtually never use the sweep, I am either tuning the band
,  low to high or checking spots on the telnet server.  The few times I have
used the sweep and tuned up on a "big signal" it turned out to be noise or a
heterodyne.  Just my 2 cents worth.. tom N6AJR

In a message dated 3/11/2006 8:20:36 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
nq5t at comcast.net writes:

I think  the 756ProII has this capabilty, not sure if it has a
> third receiver  though --

"Receiver" is probably just a bad choice of words on my  part.  The 781 had a
dedicated module that did nothing but sweep, with  a signal pick-off early in
the IF chain, so a receiver in the loose sense  that a spectrum analyser is a
receiver.  The 7800 has one of it's  DSP's dedicated to the sweep function,
for example.

The O-II sweep  is fine.  It does stop updating while tuning, however.   And
perhaps an add-on sweep option could add some incremental features,  such as
finer resolution with narrower sweep ranges, a peak hold function,  carrier
point or filter mid-point frequency option, sweep speed options,  etc.  These
kinds of extras don't seem that cricital, but I'm sure  some would find these
things  useful.

Grant/NQ5T