[TenTec] Sweep on OII

Carl Moreschi n4py at arrl.net
Sun Mar 12 09:27:41 EST 2006

Lee,

For split dx work, you may want to consider my program.  I have a DUAL
receive button on the program.  There are several things in the program that
greatly help split dx operation.  If a dx station is not working split and
then suddenly announces up 5, all you do is press the "up" key followed by
the "5" key.  This instantly set VFO B= VFO A + 5 and sets the VFO B for
transmit.  Now, if you are also wearing headphones, you hear the dx station
in both ears.  But if you just click the DUAL button  (or press an F key if
you have this defined on your keyboard), then the main receiver will then be
heard in the left ear and the callers will be heard in the right ear.  You
can then tune VFO B from the program and find the caller.  This really works
well and is much simpler than messing with the Orion audio menus.  Also,
when everyone is calling the dx station, it is very confusing to hear all
this and sometimes hard to hear the dx station.  So during these moments, I
press the DUAL button to turn DUAL receive off.  This way I can concentrate
on just hearing the dx station.  I turn DUAL back on as soon as the dx
station calls someone.  It is very nice to just have one button to toggle
the audio from main on both to main in left and sub in right.

73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain