[TenTec] Great Contest Radio?

Richard Donovan n5xm at cox.net
Sun Mar 12 13:44:36 EST 2006

     I guess I'm missing something here.  I've had an Orion for 2 years and
5 months and nearly 5K ragchews and contest Qs, and I love it.  Yes, I wish
the software had been done by Carl, but it wasn't.  Yes, I wish the
processor had more power, but it doesn't.  I'm certainly not a big gun in
any way, but I did make over 500 FD contacts a couple of years ago, so I
must be a decent op, you think?
     I think it's great we can be part of helping make the O and O2 better
by our comments and complaints, but I still don't understand something.  Is
there a perfect HF radio?  If there is, why don't you guys buy it, loyalties
to TT notwithstanding?  Please don't take this personally, as it isn't
directed to anyone particularly, but sometimes I think some of you will go
to meet God and ask Him what He was thinking about when He made Aardvarks or
Porcupines, or why He invented QRN.
      I'm not trying to dis anyone.  TT isn't perfect, but they're Hams and
they'll talk to you.  I hope everyone understands.  I know, I know, I'm
stupid and don't understand the technical things...maybe you're right!  I
still think my comments are valid!

73, Richard, n5xm