[TenTec] Hello from an old newbie

Craig Roberts crgrbrts at verizon.net
Mon Mar 13 23:19:53 EST 2006

Hiya fellas,

I'm Craig Roberts, W3CRR, near Washington, DC.  I've been active ham -
on and off, anyway - for over 35 years. My first "off-the-shelf" rig was
a Ten Tec PM-2 followed fairly soon thereafter by an Argonaut 505.  A
long series and Heathkits (I worked for the Heath Company in the '70's).
exotic homebrew rigs and -- more recently -- boatanchor restorations
followed.

Lately, I've sold off all of my vintage gear, except for a couple of
sentimental favorites, and have converted my amateur radio space into a
combination voiceover/narration studio (for work) and ham shack (for
fun).  I'm building a Class E AM transmitter, but have opted for a
Pegasus to take care of sideband and CW duties..

I should be taking delivery of my first Ten Tec rig in decades at the
end of this week. I'm very excited about the prospect of integrating the
Pegasus into my modernized shack and will  - no doubt -- be back shortly
with questions and comments.  Right now, I'm just here to say hello. So
-- hello!  (By the way, if there's anything I should know about the
Pegasus up front, please let me know).

73,

Craig
W3CRR