[TenTec] Roof filters (N4PY and KC9CDT)

Barry Gross barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 12:03:29 EST 2006

On 3/15/06, Grant Youngman <nq5t at comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm convinced there's a bug in the code for the Sub RX somewhere. When you
> narrow the passband on the SUB, it (1) narrows from both ends or (2)
> narrows
> and shifts away from the low end at the same time or (3) something else
> that
> results in the same thing :-)

I'm pretty sure this has been corrected in the latest Orion I v2 firmware.

The overall freq response of the main and sub rx has changed in v2 vs v1.
Generally speaking, you should adjust your RX EQ and SUB EQ for similar
response to your liking.  You should be able to listen to band noise (hiss)
at a wide bandwidth and switch back and forth between main and sub rx and
hear essentially identical response.

73, Barry N1EU