[TenTec] Speaking of Headphones (Orion)

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Wed Mar 15 20:25:30 EST 2006

No... the output to the headphones is from an LM386 chip.  Here are the specs:

http://downloads.solarbotics.com/PDF/LM386.pdf

Look down about half way for the Device Dissipation vs. Output curves.  TT runs 10 Volts on the unit, so use the 9 Volt curve which is close enough.  As you can see, you get the most juice out at 8 Ohms, and less above or below that.

Just checked the Sidetone level, and indeed it sets the Spot level.  It was at 60 with the 200 Ohm phones, now at 12 with the 32 Ohm ones.

Another neat thing I found...You can change the sidetone pitch by holding down the Spot button while turning the Multi encoder.  I never knew that!

Ron N6AHA