[TenTec] Pegasus control software

Jim FitzSimons cherry at getnet.net
Fri Mar 17 10:37:35 EST 2006

I have 466Mhz computer, so the HamStationExtreme stops some times when
tuning fast. When SWLing I set the step large and scan fast to find
signals. I could only set the step with the keyboard up and down arrow.
HamStationExtreme uses the keyboard. N4PY tunes fast without stopping.
It is easier to change step size on N4PY. HamStationExtreme requires
1024 by 768 to get the whole front panel on the screen. I have trouble
reading some things at that resolution.
One thing I like is you do not have to install HamStationExtreme.
It just runs and saves to the ini file.
The setup for MixW/TenTec in and out files is buried deep in the configure
menus and I could not find it in the manual or help.
HamStationExtreme is better than N4PY there since you can put the in and
out files anywhere.
N4PY can connect to an RX320 as a sub receiver on VFO B.
Jim FitzSimons W7ANF