[TenTec] Rx-320 as beacon device?

Rich McCabe r.mccabe at 1967z28.com
Sat Mar 18 14:55:10 EST 2006

I have a RX-320 that has not been turned on if over a year. I was thinking that it might be a nice receiver for some type of beacon device. Does anyone know of software that will scan the band, listen to beacons and show some type of propogation result using the 320?

I know MFJ had/has an all in one unit that would turn on lights on a world map showing that the beacon is active. At least I think thats how it worked.

Trying to put something back in service :)

73,

Rich
kd0zv