[TenTec] Pegasus / Softrock 5

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Thu Mar 16 23:45:06 EST 2006

Jerry,

> Not certain about the Pegasus, but I believe several are working with
> different inputs to the QSD board. There is a Yahoo group specifically
> for Softrock users. LOTS of information here.
> Really a pretty cool little receiver if you computer has the horsepower
> to run it.
> I have been thinking about one of the TT direct conversion kits as the
> 'receiver'  then running  thru the QSD board, just have not had the time
> yet...so many toys so little time.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check out the Yahoo group. have been having
some fun with the Softrock 5 and the Rocky program. The next step, if I ever
get around to it would be to write some software of my own.

The Softrock was built as a group project by several members of our local
ham radio / computer SIG. I think I was the first one in the group to get
mine done and I'll show it off at our next meeting (next month). Hopefully
so of the others (there were about 5 or so) will have theirs done then as
well.

73,
Mark