[TenTec] RF Getting back into Rig Problem

Dave Tipton dave at lodave.org
Mon Mar 20 08:33:38 EST 2006

  The facts:
  Rig: Jupiter with Auto Tuner
  Antenna: 40M dipole at about 20 feet.
  Coax: 100 Feet of RG8X
  Keyer: MFJ Memory Keyer

  Over the weekend, we had some horrendous rain storms.  This is the first time I've ever encountered this issue, so I question whether that had something to do with it.

  Now, I'll be the first to admit, I do not have a ground on my rig.  That's a problem, I'm working out this week.  (10 inches of rain this weekend should help that actually)

  Whenever I ran more than 50 watts, CW, the rig would key and then lock in a transmit position.  Turning it off and then back on would release it.

  My question(s):  Is this merely a grounding problem, or am I overlooking something else?   Has anyone else ever experienced this?

  Thanks,
  Dave, W3DMT