[TenTec] RF answer

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Mon Mar 20 13:56:14 EST 2006

> My ungrounded Pegasus / 706 mike combo suffered from RF gobbledygook (to
> use tech jargon) until I attached a 1/4 wavelength single wire radial
> for each band of operation to the rig ground post.
I have found this to be an easy, inexpensive and effective solution to
RF problems in the shack.
I cannot understand why anyone would spend money on a "tunable ground"
which needs to be
adjusted when you change bands.
Half as much money spent buying a spool of wire and a box of crimp lugs
gives you a system
that needs no tuning when changing bands, and enough wire left over for
a few new antennas.

DE N6KB