[TenTec] Pegasus mike input is Hi-Z, unbalanced!

Craig Roberts crgrbrts at verizon.net
Tue Mar 21 12:55:45 EST 2006

I've been attempting to run my broadcast audio chain into my Pegasus
with limited success.  I'd been informed, variously, that the mike input
to the Ten Tec rig was low impedance - balanced (which is what I need),
high impedance unbalanced, low impedance unbalanced and high impedance
balanced :-).  The manual I have is devoid of information and I have no
schematic.

So, I called Gary, N4CJX, at Ten Tec -- the "Peg tech".  He says the
mike input is high impedance (about 10K) unbalanced -- which is the
usual amateur practice (strangely).  He's also sending me a schematic
(yippee!).

Anyway, armed with that knowledge, I'll employ a matching transformer
and pad and all should be well -- unless I run into more RF incursions.

I just thought I'd pass along the information in case anyone else is
curious.

Many thanks and 73,

Craig
W3CRR