[TenTec] Corsair Questions

w6kip at kipwilliams.com w6kip at kipwilliams.com
Sun Mar 26 00:33:06 EST 2006

I'm starting my hunt for a Corsair and hoping to find one in average
condition. I won't be concerned with cosmetics or the average wear and
tear that comes with any 20+ year old radio. What would be considered a
'fair market' range of prices? Was the Corsair produced and distributed in
large number? Am I apt to find plenty to choose from?

I'm also trying to get the run down on their performance. Anything that
makes them really stand out? Any known issues to be aware of? What are the
differences between the Corsair and the Corsair II? Can I expect a II to
cost more and is it worth it? As long as I'm asking all these questions,
given the age and price range (under $450 I'm hoping), would I do better
to look for another Ten-Tec model? Anybody owned or operated one of the
Corsairs who'd care to offer their analysis?

I appreciate the experience and knowledge of this group. Thanks in advance.

Kip Williams W6KIP
San Diego CA